Sunday, November 7, 2010

Deciding to be Blessed

October was a terrible month. October is typically one of my favorite months of the year. I always have great expectations for this particular month as the leaves change color, the days get cooler, the nights grow longer, and the best holidays approach. Perhaps that is why I felt like I’d been slapped in the face when everything seemed to go wrong this past October. I’ll spare you the details and just give you the summary: I came down with a nasty cold, Josh ended up with a painful and dangerous staph infection on the back of his neck, Josh was diagnosed with diabetes and his blood stats were terrifying, Josh was in the ER three times and the Dr. office 4 times within 6 days, and then our beloved dogs ruined our somewhat new couch and possibly our living room carpet as well. BAD MONTH.
I love my pastor’s wife. She is wonderful. She called me at the end of October after my pastor told her about my couch being ruined. She called to offer support. Obviously the stress level had been high in our house and I so appreciated her prayers and supportive words. I was on the back porch of my house to get a good cell signal while we talked. Once we ended the call I stood there for a minute thinking. For some reason I just felt so strongly that in the midst of our struggles God would bring peace and blessing.
The next day I told Josh I wanted to move forward with adoption.

No comments: