Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Bout of Sadness

Feeling sad at the moment. I don’t know why but I’ve been extremely moody, emotional, and exhausted since last night. I’m not PMS-ing, so who knows…

Actually, at the moment I’m just feeling helpless. I contacted several organizations that offer grants for adoption to see if an embryo adoption qualifies for a grant.

Hello Carissa,
Thank you for your email and interest in our grant program. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for our program.
Best of luck,
Grants Manager

This brought tears to my eyes as I my feelings that no one will be interested in helping us were again re-enforced. In my research I have discovered so many wonderful organizations offering financial assistance possibilities for those looking to adopt an orphan. Praise God! I love that! I am so thankful for the work these organizations are doing. Am I selfish if I ask “what about me?” Yes, I am. But pain is pain. Certainly there must be people out there who understand the struggle of infertility and are called to assist, right? So far my attempts to find grants for embryo adoption have been for not. I’ve also been unsuccessful in locating any infertility support groups in our area. This is sad and makes me feel so alone.

Dang it. Crying at my desk now.

Done for now.

No comments: